CBSE Physics sample question paper for class 11
Updated: Apr 26, 2020
A sample question paper designed according to New CBSE board instructions. DOWNLOAD THE SAMPLE PAPER
Grade : XI Subject: PHYSICS Marks: 70
Time : 3hrs
a) All the questions are compulsory.
b) There are37 questions in total.
c) This question paper contains four sections: Section-A, Section-B, Section-C and Section-D
d) Section-A contains 20 questions of one mark each.
e) Section-B contains 7 questions of two marks each.
f) Section-C contains 7 questions of three marks each.
g) Section –D contains 3 questions of five marks each.
SECTION – A
1. The Raman effect deals with
a) Diffraction of light with medium particles b) refraction of light with medium particles
c) Scattering of light with medium particles d) reflection of light by medium particles
2. Among the given following units which one is not unit of length?
a) Angstrom b) Fermi
c) Barn d) Parsec
3. Moment of inertial depends on ______ of the body
a) mass b) shape
c) temperature d) all the above
5. Which of the following statement is not true regarding Newton’s third law of motion?
a) To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction
b) Action and reaction act on the same body
c) There is no cause-effect relationship between action and reaction
d) Action and reaction forces are simultaneous
6. For ‘n’ particles in space, the suitable, the suitable expression for the x-coordinate of the centre of mass of the system is
7. Earth is flattened at the poles and bulges at the equators. This is due to the fact that_______
a) the revolves around the sun in an elliptical orbit
b) the angular velocity of spinning about its axis is more at the equator
c) the centrifugal force is more at the equator than a poles
d) None of the above
8. The co-efficient of viscosity for hot air is ___________
a) Greater than the co-efficient of viscosity for cold air
b) Smaller than the co-efficient of viscosity for cold air
c) Same as the co-efficient of viscosity for cold air
d) Increases (or) decreases depending on external pressure
9. The amount of heat that a body can absorb by radiation___________
a) depends on colour of body only
b) depends on the temperature of the body only
c) depends on colour and temperature of the body only
d) depends on the density of the body
10. The average energy associated with each translational degree of freedom is ________
11. Dimensional formula of power is _______________
12. Two masses of 1g and 4g are moving with equal kinetic energy. The ratio of the magnitudes of
their momentum is _____________
13. Escape velocity on the surface of earth is ________________ km/s
1 atmosphere = ________________________ N/m2
14. The efficiency of Carnot engine working between boiling point and freezing point of water is
15. A simple harmonic motion is represented by
16. What is the relation between horizontal range and angle of projection?
17. Define Young’s modulus of elasticity for a perfectly rigid body.
18. What happens when a pendulum clock was taken to the top of a mountain.
A force of 5N acts on a body for 2 milli sec. If the mass of the body is 5g, calculate the change in
19. Define zeroth law of thermodynamics.